All Terrain Theater is a six year old independent theater company that is looking for a self-motivated and organized Producer to assist with our upcoming shows.
This year, All Terrain Theater is producing two shows: the popular, annual Women in Solodarity showcase at a private residence in Berkeley in June and a show at The EXIT Theatre in San Francisco in August.
The Producer would ease into the role by working closely with the Artistic Director on the 2015 shows and slowly increasing responsibilities with each show.
The Producer is the glue that holds the productions together, ensuring that everyone is in communication and that all of our tasks are completed on time. The Producer must be able to work with a wide variety of personalities, understand the basic roles people play within a theater company, respond quickly to questions, emails, phone calls, and texts, have the ability to self-manage, and be able to travel around to different rehearsal and performance venues throughout the Bay Area (primarily San Francisco and Berkeley/Oakland).
Specific duties include:
* Maintaining responsibility for ensuring that all positions on a show are staffed (director, actors, stage manger, etc.).
* Oversee rehearsal and performance space rentals. Coordinate with venues and directors and/or stage managers to ensure that all rehearsals and performances are scheduled.
* Oversee and manage payments and reimbursements to venues, cast, crew, and production team.
* Serve as the primary liason between the director and the Artistic Director, as needed.
* Manage distribution and posting of promotional materials (or hire a volunteer to do these things), including dropping off postcards at the Theatre Bay Area office at the beginning of the month, ensuring that a press release goes out to appropriate media, and other marketing tools are implemented as appropriate.
* Ensure that communication is open between all parties, that the environment is professional and safe, and that the core values of All Terrain Theater are respected and implemented.
* Prior theater experience
* Demonstrated ability to manage projects on a schedule, down to the fine details
* Ability to communicate clearly, quickly, and efficiently with team members
* Comfort with working independently and being the one to nudge others on the team
* Familiarity with basic computer programs and communication devices
* Enthusiasm for creating independent theater and promoting work by Bay Area artists, women, and people of color
All positions are volunteer. The Producer will receive a modest stipend for each production.
Position is open until filled.
Tracy Held Potter: tracy @allterraintheater.org
For more information about All Terrain Theater: